Art by participants in the World Art Week 2021 can be viewed for a year, starting after the World Art Week, through a special work of art, the World Artwork.
The World Artwork in brief
Artists from countries all over the world send in a work of art in 20 x 20 cm format. 25 Works from 25 countries will be selected from the entries to be assembled into a World Artwork. That composite work of art measures 100 x 100 cm.
As of the upcoming Art Week, the World Artwork will be exhibited in various countries together with the names and further details of the artists who contributed to the collage.
In the period 1 March to 30 September, artists participating in World Art Week can submit a work on canvas. The theme is ‘Art Matters’. The choice of subject, materials and elaboration are free. The use of poisonous and sharp objects is not permitted. It is desirable for the canvas on which the work is created to be larger than 20 x 20 cm, because the work will be incorporated in the collage in size 20 x 20 cm and there must be material outside these sizes to attach the work to.
Send your work to the Art Week Foundation, World Artwork, Oeverkruid 13, 4941 VV Raamsdonksveer, The Netherlands.
A jury of six people professionally involved in the visual arts, determines the selection for World Artwork from the submitted works: 1 work per country will be selected. The selected works will then be included in a collage of 25 works that together make up the World Artwork. It is an honor to represent your country in the World Artwork.
The World Artwork is initially exhibited at the National Art Days. This is a large art fair that will take place during World Art Week 2021 in the Netherlands. After that the World Artwork will travel to countries all over the world. World Art Week coordinates the trip. It is estimated that more than 50,000 art lovers around the world will view the World Artwork. After a year, the World Artwork will return to the Netherlands where it will be auctioned off for the benefit of the Art Week Foundation.
– The submitted works that are not incorporated in the World Artwork, but are considered suitable for incorporation in a collage, will be incorporated in the same way as the World Artwork in collages of 4, 6 and 9 works. The collages will be offered for sale at the National Art Days. If a collage is sold, the proceeds will be divided by the number of works that were included in the collage and transferred, after deduction of € 10, to the artists whose works were included in the collage.
– By sending in a work, the rights are waived.
– Submitted works that are not included in the World Artwork will be returned if the costs of insured return (€ 47.50) are paid.
– The works selected for the World Artwork will be shown on the World Art Week website.
– Participate and send your work to the Art Week Foundation, World Artwork, Oeverkruid 13, 4941 VV Raamsdonksveer, The Netherlands in the period 1 March to 30 September.
Would you like to exhibit the special and unique World Artwork? Send us an e-mail and tell us where and when the World Artwork can be exhibited in your country. We will then see if the exhibition possibility you offer, can be planned.
The example below is only meant to give you an impression of the future World Artwork. The works of art included in this collage are sometimes distorted and sometimes details of works.